GARAGE DOOR PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE
- To keep your garage door working smoothly, set some time aside once a year to perform maintenance.
- Clean the oil and grease build up from the tracks. Dirt combined with the grease and oil can cause the door to bind and jump.
- Re-lubricate the tracks with quality grease and the rollers with a quality spray.
- Oil all the hinges and retighten all nuts and bolts.
- Check for wear, including wear along the rails, smoothness of operation, and cracks in the springs.
- To protect your garage door from moisture related deterioration:
- Paint all exposed wood
- Make sure weather stripping is in good condition
- Keep water from collecting from the base of the door
- Clear nearby drains and gutters of debris, and correct any existing drainage problems